Last spring, we launched the Thrive! Inspiring ND Women pilot mentoring program based on the foundation that we all have something to share and that we can all learn from one another.
To that end, we selected 50 Thrive! members from a broad cross-section of the campus community to serve as mentors and mentees to test out the program. We used an online platform provided by Diverse Talent Strategies (DTS) to enable mentors and mentees to be matched based on interests and desired areas of growth and to help facilitate the scheduling of the mentorship conversations. Our expectation was that with a successful pilot, we would make this program available more broadly to faculty, staff, and administrators at the University who are interested in participating.
We are excited to announce the next phase of the pilot mentoring program, and we encourage those who participated in the initial launch to continue as part of this next phase. Changes we are making for this next phase of the pilot include:
- Opening the opportunity to ALL Thrive! members (join now if you haven't already)
- Simplifying the application process (e.g., no resume attachments will be required)
- Testing the improvements made to the online platform
- Streamlining the training and resources, including refreshers on mentoring fundamentals, templates for correspondence, and webinars
- Encouraging participants to continue to serve as both a mentor and mentee, but not make it mandatory
- Providing more clarity between the roles of coaching, mentoring, advocacy and sponsorship
Please complete this short Expression of Interest Form to indicate your desire to participate in the expanded pilot. The application just asks that you indicate your interest; resumes will not be required. We request that you express your interest in participating no later than January 11, 2018.
You must be a member of the Thrive! to participate. Join now, if you haven't already. Like every employee resource group at Notre Dame, Thrive! is open to anyone interested in advancing the initiatives it supports. We welcome all Notre Dame colleagues—both male and female—to join us in this opportunity to learn and share through mentoring.
The mentoring program will run from mid-January to mid-April, 2018. Participants should plan to attend one one-hour training session which will be offered Thursday, January 18, 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. and Friday, January 19, 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. An online training option will also be available.
Thank you to all those who participated in the launch, and we welcome those who will be joining us for the first time to participate in this expanded pilot.